Summer is heeeeeere — and what’s more summery than a checklist printable of fun summer things?
Activities really don’t have to cost an arm and a leg — there are tons of budget friendly things you can put on your summer bucket list. Here’s 50. Feel free to write down your favorites from this list or just download the printable below.
1. 🗹🎢Go to an amusement park
2. 🗹🔥Have a bonfire party
3. 🗹Go on a picnic
4. 🗹📚Read a book on the grass
5. 🗹🚶Go hiking
6. 🗹🍶Make fresh sangria
7. 🗹Spend a day at a national park (Free on 9/22/2018)
8. 🗹⛲Spend a day at the water park
9. 🗹🎼Find some live music outside
10. 🗹Make fresh pie
11. 🗹Drink from a coconut
12. 🗹🚜Go to the farmers market
13. 🗹🍷Make that popsicle in wine glasses cocktail
14. 🗹🎆Watch the fireworks
15. 🗹⛺Go camping
16. 🗹🍢Make smores
17. 🗹Go to the beach
18. 🗹Buy food from a food truck
19. 🗹🍳Eat brunch in the fresh air
20. 🗹🏰Build a sandcastle
21. 🗹🌈Dance in the (warm) rain
22. 🗹🐝Catch fireflies
23. 🗹🏄Swim in the ocean
24. 🗹Kayak on the water
25. 🗹🚰Have a water balloon fight
26. 🗹⛵Go on a boat ride
27. 🗹Create a slip and slide
28. 🗹🎡Go to the state fair
29. 🗹🍦Go to a new ice cream parlor
30. 🗹🎈Go for a hot air balloon ride
31. 🗹🚗Go on a road trip
32. 🗹🌴Lay in a hammock
33. 🗹🎨Visit a new museum
34. 🗹🐠Try fishing
35. 🗹🍋Make lemonade
36. 🗹🍓Pick berries fresh from the farm
37. 🗹🌿Start a herb garden (or a bigger garden!)
38. 🗹🚴♀️Go for a bike ride (along the beach or park)
39. 🗹⚽Watch the world cup
40. 🗹🍍Drink from a giant pineapple or watermelon
41. 🗹🌸Make fresh flower crowns
42. 🗹✈Go skydiving (not super budget-friendly, but really cool)
43. 🗹🐦Feed the ducks
44. 🗹⛳Play mini-golf
45. 🗹🎲Play a board game
46. 🗹🍖Throw a BBQ
47. 🗹🍥Eat funnel cakes
48. 🗹🌇Watch the sunset from a rooftop
49. 🗹Go roller blading or skateboarding
50. 🗹🐑Hang out with some cute animals
Check out this post if you’re looking for fun and frugal things to do on Valentine’s day.
Olivia worked in finance and wants you to learn the secrets of financial independence. She believes there are so many ways to monetize your life and make money doing the things you're already doing because so many companies offer free money.
The average savings account rate is 0.1%. The big banks have incredibly low savings accounts rates. CIT Bank offers a 1.75% savings account. You can open an account with just $100 and no monthly fees or charge . Tired of being charged fees and getting peanuts in interest at your current bank? Open a CIT Bank savings account in less than 15 minutes online.
If you have a car, Rideshare apps allow you to pick a direction you want to go twice a day, so you can get extra money going somewhere you were driving to anyway at least twice a day. Get a $300 sign-up bonus with Lyft.
One of my favorite ways ways of monetizing my life is via credit card bonuses with cards that give you cashback or rewards. Check out our review of the Chase Sapphire cards, which give you at least $500 in cash or $625 in travel credit.